Sunday, June 8, 2008

The beginning of a long week.....

So tomorrow is the first day of VBS. The girls are planning to attend at the church of a family friend. The theme is the Amazon and the girls are very excited. They LOVE anything to do with rain forests and they KNOW they will be singing, crafting and having a LOT of fun.

I, on the other hand, am not quite sure what I will be doing with myself! It's 3 1/2 hours each morning. It will take me approximately 30 to 45 minutes to return home so I'm not left with a lot of time to do anything. I may get errands taken care of although the girls have already asked that I forgo errands at their favorite stores until they can go with me.

After VBS, they will have school work to do but don't blame me. They both asked to continue school throughout the summer so we are doing just that. Tiara 1 is very excited to be starting her 3rd grade books already and has already figured out in 2 of them that if she does a lesson each day (M-F) instead of 3 lessons a week (M,W,F), she can finish the books by January and start on the 4th grade books. And as excited as they both are about learning, there's no way I'm going to ask them to slow down. Eventually, they will want a break and we can take one as we will be ahead of the game at that point. Besides, the HOT weather has already arrived here in Atlanta and unless you are in the pool, you cannot be outside in the heat. So school work it is!

We went to Michael's today. It's one of our weak spots. Michael's is having a sale this week and we loaded up on the FIMO, Sculpey and Primo clays. Tiara 1 is wanting to make some jewelry beads at some point this week. They also had a lot of ribbon on sale so the girls picked out some rolls to make hair bows with. That's on the agenda for this week as well.

They are both growing up so very fast. I'm absolutely amazed each and every day.

No comments: