Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where did all our money go???

Well, the obvious answer to that question would be the $outhea$t Home$chool Expo. We arrived early and stayed all day. I did sit through one presentation by Susan Wise Bauer of The Well-Trained Mind, The Story of the World Series, etc. about getting your kids to write and write well. It was very informative and of course, she was very knowledgeable. I did manage to purchase both Tiaras literature curricula for the year. I also purchased Tiara 1's spelling curriculum and some additional phonics workbooks for Tiara 2. I found a few games and books which I couldn't do without. All in all though, I was quite disappointed at the selections yesterday. There were quite a few vendors that are there every year and, for one reason or another, opted not to attend this year. The crowds seemed much smaller too. I did hear from the HWOT rep that the expo was very busy the day before. I still have to order our math curriculum online as well as some additional Usborne books needed for our science but other than that, we are almost ready to start our school year.

After the expo, we went to dinner at The Golden Buddha. And of course, you cannot go to dinner at The Golden Buddha without rubbing the buddha's belly for good luck as you leave




After the filling of our bellies with The Golden Buddha goodies, T-Bone and both Tiaras watched the new Hannah Montana 3D movie before turning in for well-needed rest. Don't they all look entertained? hee hee



Tiara 1 starts soccer camp tonight. Normally the soccer camps run M-F but we have camp tonight since there will be no camp on Thursday due to the public schools having orientation that evening. The heat here is still unbearable so I will be packing a rather large supply of liquids and preparing for a very exhausted Tiara 1 later tonight.


1 comment:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh, I SO know about the money going at the home school conferences. I did pretty well this year. I kept assuring myself. You have home schooled five, and have enough for an entire used book store....enough is enough. :)